The VC AM Series combines our most advanced Multi-Tasking technology with additive manufacturing to create highly innovative turnkey solutions for a variety of industries, including aerospace, energy and medical.
The additive capabilities of these machines allow users to easily generate near-net-shape component features and then quickly complete them via high-precision finish machining operations. Like all of our Multi-Tasking solutions, VC AM Series machines significantly reduce setup time by machining parts in one cycle.
- Face cladding capability gives users the ability to engrave on the part’s face
- Geometric freedom vis a vis direct metal deposition allows for both additive and subtractive machining capabilities in a single setup
- Efficient turnkey solution offers DONE IN ONE® part processing
- Machine’s ergonomic design displays all of the critical machine data within a single page view, while the tilt control panel allows for optimum positioning based on operator height
- The world's fastest CNC controller, the MAZATROL SmoothX, drives both 5-axis additive and/or subtractive machining.
- The laser cladding process allows for geometric freedom (near net shapes) of dissimilar materials, enhanced repair part application and surface resistance coatings. By disabling the powder feeder and argon gas, 5-axis part marking can be achieved.
VC-500 AMVC AM
VC-500A/5X AM HWDVC AM
Contact your local Mazak Representative or visit one of our Technology Centers to identify what Mazak Machining Center best fits your part-processing needs.