The VORTEX i-800V/8 vertical machining center with a 31.5" square pallet is perfect for job shops as well as aerospace and heavy construction part manufacturers focused on value, precision and high-production.
The machine’s tilting spindle allows for the 5-axis simultaneous machining of complex contours on large parts, such as jet engine casings, airframe components and gearboxes, made from titanium, aluminum and steel.
Standard, high-speed and high-torque spindle specifications are available to successfully meet a wide variety of application requirements.
The machine comes with a two-pallet changer that provides unattended operations and off-cycle part setup. This simple, efficient form of automation allows operators to load, unload and inspect parts on one pallet while the machine works on the other undisturbed.
- Handles parts up to 59" in diameter and 63" high
- Spindle selection addresses various metal removal requirements
- Tool storage capacities from 43 to 160 tools offer high flexibility
- Two-pallet changer facilitates unattended machining
- Integrates with optional PALLETECH System for lights-out operations
|Capacity||Maximum Workpiece Diameter||59.060 in / 1500 mm|
|Maximum Workpiece Height||59.060 in / 1500 mm|
|Maximum Speed||10000 rpm|
|Magazine||Number of Tools||43|
|Rotary Axes||Spindle Tilt (B axis)||150 degrees|
|Table Indexing (C axis)||360.0000 degrees|
|Feed Axes||Travel (X Axis)||66.93 in / 1700 mm|
|Travel (Y Axis)||59.06 in / 1500 mm|
|Travel (Z Axis)||45.28 in / 1150 mm|