Florence, Kentucky, July 23, 2012 - Innovation, efficiency and power are essential to precise and productive turbine blade manufacturing. With these three elements in mind, Mazak will host a webinar on August 8 at 2 p.m. EST that encompasses advanced solutions for overcoming production challenges unique to jet engine turbine blade machining.
Ideal for manufacturers who want to blaze a trail within this competitive and continuously evolving market, the webinar titled "Turbine Blade Manufacturing in Multi- Tasking" and led by Mike Finn, Mazak development engineer, will address the following:
- Turbine blade characteristics and the various geometry and programming challenges associated with them.
- An in-depth look at the cutting tool characteristics necessary for precise and productive blade machining, including material types and coatings.
- How Mazak's expansive range of Multi-Tasking and 5-axis machines can handle extreme cutting forces while generating the motion necessary to create complex shapes and contours out of tough materials.
- Machine tool "health" and its affect on part quality.
- Selecting the right CAD/CAM programming software for a particular Multi-Tasking machine.
As with all of Mazak's Discover Technology Webinars, "Turbine Blade Manufacturing in Multi-Tasking" is free and approximately 30 minutes long. All it takes to participate is a computer, an Internet connection and a web browser. Registration for the webinar is now open at www.mazakusa.com/webinar.
Upcoming Mazak Discover Technology Presentations & Webi
- "MTConnect and Downstream Solutions", a special IMTS 2012 presentation
Date and Time: Sept. 13 from 2 - 2:55 p.m. EST
Location: Room W-192A in Chicago's McCormick Place
- "Digital Simulation and PALLETECH Automation", a special IMTS 2012 presentation
Date and Time: Sept. 13 from 3 - 3:55 p.m. EST
Location: Room W-195 at Chicago's McCormick Place
- "Spiral Bevel Gear Manufacturing" Webinar
November 14, 2012 - 2 p.m. EST
Additional details on these and future Discover Technology Presentations and Webinars can be found at www.mazakusa.com/webinar. Manufacturers can also visit the Mazak web site to sign up to receive notification as to when registration is open for a particular webinar.