FLORENCE, Ky., April 12, 2019 – Mazak will host a special Discover More with Mazak™ Technology + Education event at its Northeast Technology Center in Windsor Locks, Connecticut, on May 14-16, 2019. Manufacturers in the region can explore advanced technologies designed to address their practical application challenges with enhanced precision, flexibility and productivity. Attendees also will have opportunities to network with skilled labor and representatives of local machining education programs.
Machine demonstrations at the event will include a mix of machines that Mazak manufactures at its Florence, Kentucky, U.S. headquarters, which recently won the 2018 Plant Engineering Top Plant award for its commitment to automation, innovation, growth and improvement.
At the Northeast event, attendees will experience the programming ease and sophistication of the company's MAZATROL Smooth CNCs, which allow for both EIA/ISO and conversational programming. These controls offer advanced access to features, functions and capabilities through unequaled engineering resources that create unsurpassed ease of use and productivity. The MAZATROL conversational interface enables less-skilled operators to answer onscreen questions and enter select project data to set up jobs that otherwise would require in-depth programming experience.
Machine tools slated for the event include:
- The HQR-100MSY Multi-Tasking turning center with twin-spindle, twin-turret configuration
- HC-5000 Horizontal Machining Center with high-speed tool changer and 84-tool drum-style magazine
- VARIAXIS i-300 AWC simultaneous 5-axis Vertical Machining Center with Auto Work Changer (AWC)
- QTG-50 Gang-Tooling CNC Turning Center with versatile chucker configuration
- INTEGREX i-500S 5-Axis Multi-Tasking Turning Center with advanced full-function machining capabilities and DONE IN ONE processing of large parts
- Kentucky-made VC-500A/5X 5-axis Vertical Machining Center for small, complex parts
- Kentucky-made QTU-350MY HP CNC Multi-Tasking Turning Center with high-performance turning spindle and powerful motor for rotary milling tooling
- Kentucky-made QTU-250MSY Multi-Tasking Turning Center with DONE IN ONE part processing
- Kentucky-made VCN-570C Vertical Machining Center with servo-driven automatic tool changer and extremely fast traverse rate
Additionally, the event will feature insights into HYBRID Multi-Tasking technologies, including friction stir welding and HOT WIRE Deposition technology. Representatives from Mazak MegaStir will be on hand to explain how manufacturers can transform their operations with this advanced capability. Attendees will see demonstrations of Mazak's comprehensive suite of digital SMOOTH TECHNOLOGY solutions and network connectivity options that make remote monitoring simple for advanced productivity and production efficiency. SMOOTH TECHNOLOGY adds digital manufacturing functionality with support for the MTConnect® open-source, royalty-free manufacturing protocol that enables data collection from the CNC on any machine with an MTConnect adapter. To help area manufacturers find answers to their skilled-labor shortages, representatives from local schools and technical colleges will be present to connect their machining graduates with employment opportunities and to offer internships, co-ops and other programs that can place trainees in the workplace. Additionally, during the Student Day of the event, approximately 200 young people will have a chance to see machine demonstrations and learn more about the job security and ample compensation of today's high-tech manufacturing careers.
For a complete list of machine tools running live demonstrations and to register for the Discover More with Mazak Northeast Event, visit mazakusa.com/morenortheast.