On November 8-9, 2018, Mazak Canada will host a two-day Discover Automation Education Event focusing on how to automate low to medium-volume/high-mix machining production. The event, to be held at the Mazak Canada Technology Centre in Cambridge, Ontario, Canada, will feature live presentations of several different automated systems and related technologies on the Centre’s demonstration floor.
Among the event presentations/demonstrations:
- The Dollars and Cents of Automation: Dispelling common myths about automation and showing how to implement it in low, medium and high-volume applications.
- Pallet-Based Automation: How adding this technology makes a dramatic improvement in spindle-in-cut time and productivity.
- Collaborative and Fenceless Robots: Discussing these technologies and how they differ. FANUC and JMP Engineering will conduct a live demonstration with a FANUC collaborative robot and a RoboJob fenceless robot system. RoboJob provides an easy-to-incorporate, flexible automation system with many options, including diverse stacking methods and a range of part-queueing styles for varying part shapes.
- Flexible and DONE IN ONE®: How manufacturing small or large batch sizes becomes easier with the Mazak GR100 Gantry Robot built-in machine tending.
- The Mazak VARIAXIS i-300 AWC: Presenting a compact, 5-axis machine that stores up to 40 workpieces for fully automated machining of countless combinations through its Automated Work Changer (AWC).
- The Renishaw Equator™ 500: Presenting a large-size, flexible comparative measuring system for shop-floor process control, along with a view of how Renishaw's Intelligent Process Control Software sends offsets directly to a Mazak machine tool. Renishaw is a Mazak Value Inspired Partner.
- In-Process Inspection for Automated Production Operations: See Renishaw in-machine probing cycles, along with the Reporter system that provides a real-time view of pass/fail measurement data directly on the machine control.
Mazak continues its long-established presence in Canada, offering the largest support infrastructure of any machine tool brand in that country. The Mazak Canadian Headquarters and Technology Centre provides comprehensive sales, service and support for the entire country. The facility covers 2,044 square meters on a 1.53-hectare site, with five application engineers and three distributor support engineers. Along with onsite machine-training classes, the facility also hosts large-scale educational events. Customers visit to see demonstrations of the latest Mazak technologies and perform test cuts.