QUICK TURN NEXUS 550 MY
The QUICK TURN NEXUS (QTN) 550 MY Multi-Tasking turning center with large spindle bore options pack the speed, power and precision that’s required for the heavy-duty machining of long, large workpieces, especially those produced for the energy and heavy equipment industries.
As an “MY” configuration, the machine features a turret with live tooling and a Y-axis to perform off-centerline milling, drilling and specialty threading operations in addition to its advanced turning capabilities. This Multi-Tasking functionality allows users to productively process parts in single setups, also known as DONE IN ONE® processing.
Additionally, the QTN 550 MY pairs with an optional, highly unique tailstock design that combines a standard tailstock with a long boring bar (LBB) to achieve deep-hole boring depths of 46".
- Advanced gear-driven spindle headstock offers high-torque power for heavy metal/alloy cutting operations
- Spindle through-bore sizes up to 14.7" for machining versatility
- Spindle offers C-axis contouring in 0.0001-degree increments, providing the best positioning accuracy in its class
- 12-position turret with live tooling for Multi-Tasking functionality
- Rigid, double-slide Y-axis construction withstands high cutting forces
- MX Hybrid Roller Guide System delivers durability and reliability
- Optional automatic tool eye system detects tool wear and damage
- Advanced CNC technology offers easy programming and fast job setup
- Optional LBB/tailstock combination offers deep-hole boring capability
- Pairs with a variety of chip conveyor system configurations for effective chip management