The HCN-16800Q Horizontal Machining Center with quill head (Q) performs the operations of both a horizontal machining center and a traditional boring machine to significantly improve part processing flexibility and reduce setups for improved overall throughput.
For stability, reliability and accuracy, the HCN-16800Q’s double-column design centers the quill to eliminate overhang or imbalance. Mazak’s double column also features a twin ballscrew-driven Y axis that ensures fast, precise and smooth axis stroke extension and retraction.
When part of an automated Mazak PALLETECH cell, the HCN-16800Q further increases the cell’s overall versatility with DONE IN ONE® processing through the addition of deep boring and U-axis machining capabilities.
- Quill-head features built-in motor, high-torque, direct-drive spindle for accurate machining for large workpieces
- Linear drive guides
- Angular contact bearings support Z-axis thrust for heavy-duty boring and drilling operations
- Roller-type bearings provide stability during face milling and heavy roughing operations
- Automatic tool changer available to further boost set up speeds
- Optional automatic attachment changer and various special operation attachments such as angled heads, U-axis boring tools and facing heads, U-axis OD turning heads and snout heads boost part processing flexibility
- 2 pallet changer system
- Automation ready for Mazak's PALLETECH System
|Capacity||Maximum Workpiece Diameter||118.110 in / 3000 mm||Maximum Workpiece Height||94.490 in / 2400 mm|
|Maximum Speed||3000 rpm|
|Magazine||Number of Tools||80|
|Feed Axes||Travel (X Axis)||110.24 in / 2800 mm|
|Travel (Y Axis)||78.74 in / 2000 mm|
|Travel (Z Axis)||72.83 in / 1850 mm|